Unfortunately we are now closed until 12th December 2020.Find out more
Why Our Pub is Great
Quite simply, we offer fantastic food at fantastic prices. Our priority is ensuring that you get the best service and a top quality meal when you visit. Our pub and restaurant are run by people who really know their craft and are committed to offering an excellent guest experience. You won’t be disappointed.
It’s not just our menu that’s full of surprises… Our history is too. Our pub is built on the grounds of the gatehouse to Woodielee Hospital which opened in 1872. The gates were originally closed every evening by the gatekeeper of the gatehouse to ensure that patients were contained at night time. The gatehouse was also home to the doctors that worked in the hospital. More recently, the NHS turned the buildings into the Larkfield Centre and this was when additional extensions were added to the original building. Since then, the area has been transformed into what it is today.
We pride ourselves on delivering excellent value for money so why not come and visit The Old Gatehouse to experience everything we have to offer.
Our Pub Facilities
Kids Play Area
Safety is our Priority
Caring for our People Makes Sense
- Looking after our teams means they can look after you.
- This starts with providing our already fantastic teams with additional training to follow safe COVID-19 working procedures and regulations.
- Each day team members will complete a health screening questionnaire to confirm they are in good health prior to beginning work.
- We ask that you do your bit and respect our teams and any requests they have. It’s all with your safety in mind.
Keeping Social, whilst Social Distancing Makes Sense
Look out for additional signage in pub to establish safe, social distancing
This might include:
- Highlighting where and how you order at the bar
- Removing some tables to ensure comfortable social distancing can be maintained
- Managing capacity, meaning you may be asked to queue outside
Caring for you, your friends and family Makes Sense
- Hand sanitiser is available to use at every entrance for your peace of mind.
- Once inside we’re taking as many steps as possible to reduce contact
- Our menus will be used only once and are fully recyclable once you’ve finished with it
About Our Food
Dishes are always freshly prepared using quality ingredients; like our Red Tractor farm-assured chicken, our responsibly-fished cod and haddock and the langoustine tails in our golden Whitby scampi that are fished in UK waters.
Book a table for a special occasion, or call in for a week day treat. Our pub is suitable for every occasion when you can be sure you’ll have the best pies, burgers, steaks and curries as well as our signature rotisserie chicken on offer. You’ll also find exclusive dishes created by our chefs in our annual Chef of the Year competition.View our Menus